Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jaakko's Taxi service

by Michelle D

So basically it was our last night in Helsinki, we started at the hotel bar, moved to a different bar, I ended up riding our tour guide back to the hotel and then had to be carried to my room by a pair of Bolianaz's.

It all started by MB Inferno winning second place in the Lion's Cup a few hours earlier and recieving a little silver cup trophy. In celebration we took turns drinking beer from our winnings on the patio of the hotel bar. Our handy tour guide, Jaakko, took us of a wonderful place aprrox. 550 meters (never trust a boy who he deals in meters) away from the hotel, where the drink were cheaper. The pub was a good time for all and expect one random women who kept yelling at us. "One by one, outside." She was just upset because her friend had to be carried out of the bar, (much like myself a few hour later, but under different circumstances).

At the end of the night I discovered that alcohol does not ease pain as much as I had anticipated it to do so. I determined that I was not going to survive Jaakko's "550 meter" hike back to the hotel, but as it turns out I didn't need too, because in Helsinki the tour guides are always there for you! The next thing I knew I was on the back of our friendly Finnish tour guide as a gaggle of giggling girls followed close behind.

Once back at the hotel I spent some quality time with a bag of ice and three other intoxicated people before finally making it up to my floor. Unfortunately my good momentum stopped there. The freezing from the ice went away and walking just wasn't an option any more. Thanks to a pair of Bolianaz's (finally someone who could give me an accurate measurement of distance, 20 steps) I finally made it to my room where my umimpressed mother was awaken. Possibly the most entertaining and painful night of my trip!

Current time: 2-3am Sunday Aug 1
Current Location: Helsinki, Finland

No comments:

Post a Comment