Friday, June 25, 2010

30 days, 23 hours and 5 minutes! – Not that I’m counting..

Hello all! First off, my name is Danielle. I’ve got no cool nickname like ‘T’ so.. you can call me Dani!

I’m 22 years old and regretfully, the senior lady on the team. This upcoming year will be my 16th season playing and 6th season coaching. I started coaching bunnies and gradually moved up and last year coached a Junior A and Belle A team. I was also fortunate enough to coach the All Star game at the MTS Centre this past winter.

As a player, I’ve played all over the city, Maples, Transcona, River East, Silver Heights and most recently Dakota. Over the years I’ve been very fortunate with the skill of the players and coaches on my teams. We participated in the Manitoba Winter Games and 3 bouts at the Western Canadian Ringette Championships as team Manitoba. My ringette has brought me a lot of travel over the years; Calgary, Vancouver, Regina, Saskatoon and The Pas just to name a few, but this by far is the most exciting! After a year and a half of planning and saving, we’re almost there and I cannot wait! I haven’t really done much to prepare just yet, I’ve gotten a converter for the outlets over in Europe and a new memory card for my camera, which will no doubt be full when I return!
I’m especially lucky to have my sister join me (Coach Chandra) on this adventure and that my parents are able to make the trip as well. This will for sure be a once in a lifetime experience. I’m really looking forward to promoting our sport and our country overseas and especially playing at a high level of competition in the country that holds the current World title!

30 days, 23 hours and 5 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment