Monday, June 21, 2010

36 days is 35 too many!

Hi! I guess this is team introduction time, this is coach Chandra here, I’m 26 years old and have been playing ringette since I was 9 and started coaching at 17. My most recent claim to fame was an amazing season last year coaching the East End Petitie A team to Silver Medals in both city playoffs and provincials (way to go girls!) as well as playing Open 2 for Dakota C.C. But I’m really looking forward to this season and my first year as the assistant coach for the Bonivital AA Angels!

When Kelly brought up the idea of taking a team to Europe for the July 2010 tournament I got on board immediately, but 16 months ago it seemed so far away, it was easy to overlook how amazing this opportunity is. Now here we are only 35 days away and I can’t believe how far we’ve come! Months and months of hard work from the players, coaches and parents in preparation for this tournament is about to pay off and I couldn’t be more excited, or proud of how much work has gone into making this dream a reality. Stay tuned for all the exciting details! Coach Chandra... where she spends most of her time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment