Sunday, July 11, 2010

# 6 Kelly B.


Hi everyone! My name is Kelly Bacon and I’m twenty years old. I started playing
Ringette at the age of four so it’s been a large part of my life since before I knew which skate went on which foot.

I’ve played AA as well as A, mainly out of the south end of the city (APFG). Aside from playing, I’ve also done some coaching and instructing. I’ve earned a Gold, Silver and Bronze medal at the Western Canadian Ringette Championships. I was lucky enough to be picked up to play with Team Manitoba at Westerns twice, as well as getting to experience it with the girls I’ve grown up playing with. I’ve done plenty of traveling throughout Canada to different tournaments however I have to say Europe is the most exciting place to date.

I couldn’t be more excited to go do what I love across the ocean with a very talented
and altogether great group of girls. So far I really haven’t done anything to prepare for the trip.., to the dismay of my parents this is a general trend in my life. After a year of fundraising and hard work by many people it is super exciting to finally be this close to leaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment